• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks -- Error says page does not exist

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a hypetlink in Indesign to Link to a page. When I put in page 32 and hit OK it says that the page does not exist. Not sure why I am getting this error when the page does exist (as you can see on the screenshot). All other pages work when I do this except for the last two in the document. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.Screenshot 2021-02-18 133319.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

This just happen to me and I figured out why (for me). Did you have more than 1 Indesign file open at the same time? When creating a new hyperlink, check "Destination" and check that the "Document" you are hyperlinking to is the one you are currently in. For me it was hyperlinking to the wrong document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if your document is accidentally built in two sections, instead of one? Check your Preferences > General > Page Numbering and make sure pagination is set to Sections, not Absolute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott,

Thank you for the reply. I check on your suggestion. The setting is set to "Section Numbering." Not sure why the page is not showing up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you only see one section (starting on page 1) in the entire document? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be happy to take a look at your file if you're interested. Save As .idml and send me a link or an address where I can fetch the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem! Did you find a fix for this? TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happen to me and I figured out why (for me). Did you have more than 1 Indesign file open at the same time? When creating a new hyperlink, check "Destination" and check that the "Document" you are hyperlinking to is the one you are currently in. For me it was hyperlinking to the wrong document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This worked for me - I had two documents open and it was linking to the other one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @rw19004615,

Thank you for confirming that worked for you. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines