• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hyperlinks indesign

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I need help, how can you create hyperlinks that open in a new window in adobe indesign.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same as with pretty much any other links in any context: add _target="blank" to the end of the URL As in (broken apart to keep from forming link here):

http:// www adobe com _target="blank"

Note there's a space there — the underscore is not attached to the prior letter.

For more sophisticated results, look up the _target keyword and other arguments it can use.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply

but it doesn't work for me I put http://www.google.com _target="blank" url is an example and when I export as interactive pdf it generates a broken link.

I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several layers of things going on here. A PDF opened in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader doesn't need to specify a new browser page; each click on a link there will open a new instance of a browser — a separate app. That's why there's no inherent "new page" feature, as you often see in purely web-creation tools. I am not surprised the technique above, which is universal within true web documents, doesn't work in this case.

Viewing PDFs in browsers is a somewhat fraught, unreliable process. The PDF viewers built into browsers tend to be less than completely compliant (with respect to Acrobat, that is); the whole process is a convenience and faulty rendering of PDFs is routine.

Since a PDF isn't really meant to be there anyway, the mechanisms for signaling the browser to open a new page from within one are not well implemented. There may be a workaround here, but it's not coming to me.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines