• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks not working when publishing online

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hve published a visual identity, around 90 pages, where the contentpage contains around 80 hyperlinks pointing at specific pages. Unfortunately they do not seem to work? My other hyperlinks in the document,  (also refering to pages) are working though. They are included in a top menu of around 10 chapter headlines thats repeated on every page. My question is if you think 80 hyperlionks is to much on one page? 

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

I solved it. I think that some links must have dissapeard when I updated Indesign. The strange thing was that the interactive links worked when exporting to pdf, but not when publishing onlin!?  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't aware of any limits to the amount of hyperlinks you can have. 

How are the hyperlinks generated, are they generatad in InDesign.

Are they in a PDF placed into the document?

Can you elaborate on your workflow?

Does removing hyperlinks allow these hyperlinks to function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@otto5C9C There shouldn't be a limit. Can you explain what a contentpage is? Do you mean one page of the document that has some separate content on it (i.e., text, graphics) or is this one piece of content, such as an image or graphic, inserted into a page in your 90 page document that has hyperlinks already embedded into it or have the 80 links been added by you on top of the graphic individually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it. I think that some links must have dissapeard when I updated Indesign. The strange thing was that the interactive links worked when exporting to pdf, but not when publishing onlin!?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Terrific! I'm so glad you got it sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines