• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks Panel - Link to Pages - Missing Pages in the Doc

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All along I've been able to create hyperlinks to various pages within my document. Then I closed out the app today and opened back up and now when I open the Hyperlinks panel and choose PAGE to link to pages in the doc, most of the pages are missing. Here are screenshots of my pages panel section and one with the hyperlinks panel - missing all those pages that should be there with the numbering: Oct-D-1... I've tried closing out of Indesign to get it all to come back, but no luck. I have tried switching around from Pages to Destination, and back. Same thing. Any one have this happen?

I'm on v16.3.2

iMac Pro Big Sur 11.15

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ading to this - if I delete a chunk of pages then I can see all of the pages in the doc again in the hyperlink panel. Bring them back and they all randomly go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a corrupted document. Do you have a backup?

You could try saving as an IDML file (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML]. Then try opening the IDML file to see if the problem is cleared up. If not, you'd need an intact backup copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've done all of those - see message below as well, colleague getting the same thing with her own fresh document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not the only one this is happening to. It's happening suddenly within my digital planner I am designing as well. And it's driving me crazy. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It's obvious it's happening when a document gets a lot of pages added to it. I've done all the exports to IDML, etc. Resaving, etc. Tried on a fresh doc and same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I agree with Steve here. Please make sure you have OS & InDesign updated to the latest version. Do you see this behavior with a specific file or all?

If you still have such issues with a specific file, we'd appreciate if you could share the file with us. This would help us assist you accordingy.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all!

So, i had the same problem and i finally found why. Not sure if this applies to everybody, but i changed my document name half way through (as a backup) and I noticed that in the Hyperlink to Page function, under "Destination -> Document:", it didn't (automaticly) updated. It still referred to the old document with, indeed less pages... Hopefully this will help some of you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines