Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HyperlinkTextDestination

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this possible to attached "Acrobat Javascript" code to HyperlinkTextSource or HyperlinkTextDestination?

this.zoomType=zoomtype.fitW;

Sumit

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Scripting , SDK , UXP Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to make a button in a pdf that fits the PDF to the width of the window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not button, user will click on hyperlink and it will show with fitWidth option on the text position.

-Sumit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an expert on this topic, but I know in the past I have found it necessary to do all the javascript/interactive configuring in Acrobat.

The workflow is to:

1. Export interactive pdf from Indesign

2. In Acrobat, configure all the javascript/interactive elements, and keep this pdf as your master from this point on.

Then in the future whenever you've made changes to the original Indesign document:

3. Export a temporary pdf (same settings as in step 1)

4. Open the master pdf from step 1 in Acrobat

5. Choose "Replace pages" and replace *all* the pages of the master pdf (step 1) with the new temporary pdf (step 3) you just exported from Indesign.

6. Delete the temporary pdf from step 3.

This will keep all the javascript/interactive elements in place, but you will then need to move interactive elements to correspond with any movements you made in the indesign file. Which, in Acrobat, is not fun, in my opinion. Sorry.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mark for the response but this is the requirement to generate the output pdf from Indesign.

-Sumit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines