Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Hyphenation

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my issue: [InDesign] - during export to pdf, hyphenation doesn't work: the hyphenation mark disappears. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to provide more information about your setup and workflow:

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. EXACTLY how are you creating the PDF (File > Export > Adobe PDF (Print)? Or File > Export > Adobe PDF (Interactive), or creating a PostScript file and using Distiller?) What PDF reader are you using to view the PDF? Also please provide screen captures of the InDesign file with hyphenation and the PDF file without hyphens.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. What PDF export settings do you use?
  2. What Paragraph Composer? World Ready or Paragraph or Single Line?
  3. What Languages?

When I export PDFs with German and Hebrew Words and there fore I use the World Composer and export as PDF with tags I have the same problem. It is a known bug. But if you have a different situation, I would like to know what it could be in your case,

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines