• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't edit or delete some palette colors

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody! I'm working with an InDesign palette that was sent to me, and I ran into a problem with some colors. Some of the colors I can't edit or delete. They are flat colors but I can't change anything about them. Someone knows how can I change that?
Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Hmm! 

Here's a couple of possibilities that come to mind.

1. The Swatches you can't delete, are they Spot Colors that came into your layout with a Placed AI image? These colors are needed by InDesign and cannot be deleted.
  2. Your InDesign file could be getting corrupted. Save your layout as an IDML file and then try reopening the IDML in InDesign. This may fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm! 

Here's a couple of possibilities that come to mind.

1. The Swatches you can't delete, are they Spot Colors that came into your layout with a Placed AI image? These colors are needed by InDesign and cannot be deleted.
  2. Your InDesign file could be getting corrupted. Save your layout as an IDML file and then try reopening the IDML in InDesign. This may fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, Jeff Witchel!

I'll try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines