• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open my InDesign documents

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant open my Indesign documents because I receive this message: Type 1 font will no longer be supported starting 2023. Your document contain 3 type 1 font. Bu we are in 2021!!!!

TOPICS
How to , InCopy workflow , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kayakera:

Check the system date. If correct, change it to 2018 and try to open the docs again. This is an unusual behaviour today but was a simple solution to hack very old trial version programs.

If you can open them, save again overwriting them to try to fix the time stamp.

Are this docs allocated in a server? A server is another computer with his own timestamp. Maybe copying them to your own computer stamp a new date.

If the problem is the stamped date in your documents, is not an InDesign issue. Maybe you must ask some experienced system administrator or search the internet on how to change timestamps.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not find all instances of old font using and not change to the ttf/otf version of this font? Or your font really never have new "version"? 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should still be able to open the file. If you close the message or click okay (I have no idea what the message looks like since I haven't used a Type 1 font in ages) what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines