Exit

i can't write a second line text in InDesign

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

i have this problem which is

whenever i want to write a pagraph in indesign and i want to click enter in order to write in the secound line, i cant, it just show me that i entered the text as "finished writting", i dont know how to solve it, because i also have it in adobe photoshop. 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021
  1. What version in which language?
  2. Do you distinguish between enter and return? Enter is in the num block and is NOT for a new paragraph, it is for a new column, return is for a new paragraph

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What version in which language?
  2. Do you distinguish between enter and return? Enter is in the num block and is NOT for a new paragraph, it is for a new column, return is for a new paragraph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying, 

Yes in my pc the return key doesn't work, so i always use enter key instead of it. 

and i think that is the problem, 

but do you think there is anything i can do about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your Return key is physically damaged and you can't replace the keyboard, might I suggest a digital keyboard. The image below is of the digital keyboard that is available by default on my Mac. It visually highlights every key when I press it. I can also press the digital keys on this keyboard and it will input characters just like pressing the physical keyboard. Perhaps you could have something like this open and just use it for the Return key.

keyboard.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screen shot of the error message. Include anything else that might be relevant such as various panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines