• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I design files is taking forever to recover document or not responding while recovering

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on this document fine when I had 13pages but it missing some links , then I added others pages ( 29 totally) with heavy pdf files that I reduced the display performance, everything seems fine when I was done but this morning Indesign tried to recover the document but it taking a while and not responding at all.

what should I do ?

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

If you can open the document Save it as an IDML document, rename it and open it again in InDesign.

If you can't open the document, divide it in half and see if you can open that half if so, divide the "bad" half in half and continue until you (hopefully!) isolate the issue, which may be a corrupt font or image.

Did you create any backup copies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Indesign 2022 and version OS 10.15.7.
I haven’t update it because I don’t have enough of space
My graphic intel is 1536mb.

I saved my file as an indesign files so I don’t know if I have a backup copy. It does not open but say recovery and take forever.
How can I divide the document in half?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

B2E9F0BF-9165-4B73-93AC-84C7762AB406.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines