• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have InDesign but the computer says I don't.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a file on the 2022 version of InDesign. It sends me a message that I am opeing a file that was made on the old version and I need to update. I click update and InDesign tells me I am already updated... So I uninstalled the old version and kept the new version. Now my files can't open because it think s I don't have Indesign when I can open the app on my desktop. I can't even save anymore.

I seem to have this trouble every time any Adobe app updates. This is frustrating.   

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Benjamin98A4:

Do you have InDesign 2022 (version 17) installed? Open the CC Desktop app—is it listed and is there an Open button? If so, open it from there. Once InDesign is open, try to open the file using File > Open. If the file originated in an older version of InDesign, it will convert to 2022 when you open it. Save it under a new name and continue working.

If it is not listed, scroll down to "Available in your plan". Install InDesign and continue with the steps listed above. 

If InDesign 2022 won't install, this computer likely does not meet the minimum system requirements. 

~Barb

open.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Benjamin98A4 

In addition to what Barb said, you may be trying to use shortcuts that link to the deleted version. When you open from Creative Cloud, look to see if it creates a new shortcut and use that.

If this doesn't answer your question, please clarify.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can open the app but not the files by double-clicking them, it sounds as if it's a simple file-association problem.

Are  you on Mac or Windows?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines