I just watched as inDesign gradually deleted all the text from a document I was working on.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just watched as inDesign gradually deleted all the text from a document I was working on.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give full details of what happened including system and app versions (not "latest")

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do a table of contents, linked the text frame of the TOC to your main story's first text frame and then updated the TOC? Then do not link the frame with the TOC to a text frame that does not contain the TOC's contents.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for your response to my question. It’s a great suggestion. However, I was actually doing a very basic typesetting document with no tables, ToC or anything of that kind. I’ve never seen anything like it before. I was adding TABS to the text for indentation but have done it 1,000’s of times before and was working perfectly earlier with no suggestion of a glitch. Then, it just starting deleting tabs then text on all the prior pages of the document. Luckily, I had barely got started so didn’t lose much.

I simply Shut down the iMac including power. Re-booted it and when I re-opened that document ALL the text was back and I hadn’t lost anything.

🤷🏻
Thanks again for responding.
Cheers and I hope you had a great weekend

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines