• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm making an interactive paper for iPad

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making an interactive paper for iPad.

The raeders sent my paper to iBooks and thats good. Unfortunately there are always miniatures at the bottom of the pages and I can't avoid that. I also don't like the information at the top of the page.

https://www.janmac.nl/problem.png

This is the information I use during sfing the document: 

I don't include miniatures on the page!

Is there a simple solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Janmac

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may simply be a function of iBooks. Others are more familiar with this issue and may comment.

But I also wanted to ask if you might publish your document with Publish Online instead. Publish Online documents look really good on an iPad. Here are some great examples that may provide inspiration to give it a try: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page Thumbnails are not the same as the page miniatures in iBooks. The thumbnails are only visible when opening the Pages navigation pane. Also, you don't have to embed them--they are generated automatically whenever the Pages pane is opened. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your clear answer.
Does this mean that a part of the page is always invisible in iBooks?

https://www.janmac.nl/problem3.png

greetings from Holland
Janmac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you opening PDFs in iBooks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pdf in Books at a iPad gives very a good connection to internet. The pdf is interactif and the raeders now can switch quickly to internet and back to the Books app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may or may not be, but the InDesign export settings are only going to be reliable for Acrobat or Reader on desktop computers, not the Apple Books app on any device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite that, Books (Books) is a perfect place to store your PDFs.

https://www.janmac.nl/problem4.png

I remember a few months ago on the iPad you could turn off the icons on the bottom with a click. Perhaps a bug in a new release?
Thanks for your interference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's definitely a problem that has nothing to do with InDesign. It's a bug in softwareversion 15.0.2 for iPad.

Normally you could click at the page in Books and the thumbnails disapaer. In 15.0.2 that doesn't work anymore:

Hope they will fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines