• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm on Indesign CS5.5...

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old I know, but it has been sufficient thus far.  Right now, it will not allow me to center my booklet document on my screen. Indesign is open to it's fullest capacity. when I scroll right to center the document to work on it, the minute I release the mouse button, it shifts back all the way to the left margin of the clipboard, so my booklet is 1/2 off the screen and not accessible to work on.  Has anyone seen this before and know how to fix it?

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I have not experienced that. What operating system are you using? Hopefully it was one that was designed to run CS5?

If you're running it on a modern operating system released years after CS5 reached end of life,  then we can expect InDesign to stop working at some point.

I've learned here on the forums that sometimes it just stops abruptly, other times it falls apart in little pieces. This sounds like the latter.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does CTRL+ALT+0 center it? You may be able to zoom from there successfully. Be sure you have nothing selected or it will zoom onto that point.

But yeah, as you clearly know, 5.5 is really, really ancient and may need OS support that isn't there any more.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens when you double-click the hand tool?

Is it limited to one file, or does thios happen with any file you open? If only one, export to .idml, open that and resave as .indd with a new name and see if it behaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines