• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I published some InDesgn files online, but the link isn't working for some people?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I recently published some datasheets online and all the links work fine for me and most people, but some people are unable to view the file. I thought it was a mobile issue but other people and I have no issue opening the link on our phones.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with the way it's being sent, or possibly what it's being opened on? E.g. if you have an old phone or computer that is not up to date could this cause an issue? 

Me colleague said

"Hey, I did send a WeTransfer link, but I also sent her the links after and she had the same thing. When I click it on mine it doesn't open either haha, just comes up with a grey screen saying 'Sieger Legacy casement door URL'"

If anyone has had this issue with the InDesign online file link not working please let me know how it was fixed!
TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wetransfer is an impossible way to send a Publish Online site, it sounds as if something very unusual is being done. What is the language of the person sending the message? I tried translating from German but I could make no sense from it. Please ask your colleague what browser and system they use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

So basically the link was sent in the wrong way first, but even when my colleague emailed our customer the link to the online file they could not view it. When they click the link, the file doesn't show, instead it is just a grey screen with the file name. 

It seems the issue was on a Dell computer with Windows 10 and an iPhone, but the link works fine on multiple other computers and phones so I am stuck on what the issue is or what can be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines