• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to change the font but keep the styles the same.

Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the font but keep the styles the same.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Hi,

As it has been answered in your other post https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/the-only-style-of-text-in-indesign-is-that-it-is-not-bold-and-italic/td-p/13066506 either use styles or the script SJRiegel told you about.

You can also run a find change like this

Capture d’écran 2022-07-14 à 12.41.03.jpg

Note that by default, InDesign will try to find the regular style, so you have to remove this information and that will only work if the font you want to change has exactly the same styles than the new one (regu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As it has been answered in your other post https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/the-only-style-of-text-in-indesign-is-that-it-is... either use styles or the script SJRiegel told you about.

You can also run a find change like this

Capture d’écran 2022-07-14 à 12.41.03.jpg

Note that by default, InDesign will try to find the regular style, so you have to remove this information and that will only work if the font you want to change has exactly the same styles than the new one (regular, bold, and so on).

You can also use the find font feature:

Capture d’écran 2022-07-14 à 12.41.41.jpgCapture d’écran 2022-07-14 à 12.42.04.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How I do: I build my style system up from a root style p, all other styles are children of that style or  grandchildren. If I change the font family, all others styles will change upon the point where those styles were changed by themseves.

Another way to go is Type > Find Fonds

Here you can change each font appearing and change to another font and style and redefine the styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution. search first world only next to the search icon in the Character panel Doing this changes the Font family and keeps the styles the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines