Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ID CC Ver 16 does not start under user XX, but under ZZ

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Indesign CC 16 will not start with User XX, but with User ZZ it will run perfect.

At user XX Indesign crashed, if it will load the internal "links". And it opens a crash report window

I've deinstalled, new installed, cleaned total by Cleaning Tool. But it is allways the same problem.

How can I solve this?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was user XX already a proper user in your machine ? with other applications and fonts etc ? Is user ZZ a clean installed user ? If so this would mean there is something in user XX causing the problem.

Fonts is the first thing i look at as they can cause major problems. Perhaps clean/clear fonts in user XX to match those in user ZZ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, XX is my normal user (admin rights) and ZZ is an admin account. I've deinstalled or deleted all foreign fonts from the win folder, because I've read that this is sometimes the problem. I also have renewed prefs

I switch back and forth between 2 Laptops, and both have the same problem.

XX is my normal Microsoft account that is connected online.

Only my business PC has not the problem with the user XX. 😞

On the side, Adobe Audition has the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it is a rights and permission problem. You did not tell us, which OS you are using. It is important that the user has the permission to write in the preferences and in the Application Support directory/folder and has access to all files in the program folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The OS is on one laptop Win 10 Pro and the other ist Win 10 Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines