• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ID CS6 (trial) - Can I install the help files local/offline?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, all

Okay. After all the unsolvable problems between Win10 and ID CS2, I listened. I had a copy of CS6 I'd downloaded long eons ago. Installed it, and it runs well. Been using it to update some old publications and to open Pagemaker files. All very gentlemanly.

When I tried to get some help with a problem (one text box is behaving as though there's something there with a bizarre text wrap on it, but I can't find anything), basically, it was trying to go online to look up online help, and not find it. (Now THAT's useful.)

Used to be that there was local help, but I can't find any option anywhere to INSTALL help locally (and googling the problem just gets me tons of hits on instructions for installing the program). Is it possible to install IDCS6's help locally? Or am I kind of hosed?

Thanks

Davey

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure of installing help locally, but if you share the details of the issues you are facing you are more likely to get good suggestions here.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the text frame and remake it. Seems like it's solvable by redoing it.

If it's still acting strange try File>Export and choose IDML

If IDML is not an option then try File>Export and choose INX

Open that and it should rebuild the file and get rid of any weirdness.

But impossible to know without any information like screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go, see an attached file to this post. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post a screenshot of your page with the problem, hidden characters showing along with frame edges, and the layers panel with the layers expanded to show all the objects on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines