• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IdDesign deletes the entire contents of the folder when the file is saved.

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I save a file, InDesign deletes all contents of the original file's folder and from the folder where I'm trying to save the file. I tried to recover files with a special program, only half recovered. Reinstalling InDesign helped for 1 day, then the problem reappeared. 

Before updating the system and the adobe suite, everything worked fine. All designers in the company have been updated, but only I have this problem.
What could be the reason?
Macbook Pro 13-inch, 2017,
2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Ventura 13.0
InDesign 18.0

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences:

Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

-----------

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! It works. But is this temporary or permanent? Do I now need to run InDesign with reset preferences every time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't work. InDesign deleted all files again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also InDesign crashes all the time i open file from folder but not crashes when i drag-n-drop file into InDesign ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something seriously wrong with your computer or there's some sort of malicious software at play.

Try starting in Safe Mode - does the problem remain?

If that works - then try add a new user to  the computer and see if the issue persists.

-----

Did you really do the CC Cleaner Script? That can take a while to run, just wondering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you install some scripts/plugins on to your InDesign recently? That could be the culprit as well.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines