• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IDML - CS6 - Textumfluss wird ignoriert

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich arbeite mit Indesign 2021 und muss die Dateien als IDML speichern, da ein Unternehmen, an das ich die Dokumente dann schicke, die Version CS6 installiert hat. Das Problem: Beim Öffnen in CS6 wird der Textumfluss plötzlich als "ignoriert" angezeigt, d.h. der Text läuft zum Beispiel hinter gesetzten Grafiken weiter. Es müsste jeder einzelne Textrahmen angeklickt werden und unter Textrahmenoptionen das Häkchen entfernt werden. Kann man da irgendetwas einstellen, damit dies nicht passiert? Vielen Dank!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you both using OTF fonts and exactly identical versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. To be honest, I don´t know. Should be so. But I will check that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is version 8. You are using version 16.

To expect this work perfectly is pure fantasy, I'm afraid.

That out of the way, why are you sending them the files? Is this for print? If so, send a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. They need to add graphics and pictures to the document. I basically only edit the text. So they need the Indesign-Version and not a pdf. I still can´t believe that they still use these old versions but I cannot change that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, these are only simple InDesign documents that you can rescue and reformat. Make sure you are not using any InDesign features that weren't available in earlier versions to v2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are. They could correct everything but it is just tedious and it is easy to overlook mistakes. So if I can find a way to solve this problem with one click, it would be awesome. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're making a huge mistake working with them. Tell them to upgrade or you'll find someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your support!!! I work with them for 17 years now. It´s not easy to quit. But your words will help me to speak clearly to them and to explain the need to invest in improvements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have much choice here. Their refusal to upgrade is costing you time and money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your support!!! I work with them for 17 years now. It´s not easy to quit. But your words will help me to speak clearly to them and to explain the need to invest in improvements.

By @default7cw2rbgyp29r

The question is, as always: who is the customer? I ditched some contractors because they refused to follow my guidelines. Some were long-time collaborators and friends. With some I waded deep into the mud to get the work done.

If they are the customer, they fix the rules. But still also for them, it is probably profitable change to the subscription model sometime very soon.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines