Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IDML versions in new INDD not saving correctly

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since I've ben using the latest INDD (2022), it's not saving the IDML version correctly. When I open it up, the master pages applied to each spread are not correct (text boxes are in wrong locations). This is a huge problem for me since my co-workers need to work from the IDML verisons. Anyone know how to fix, please!?!

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can report bugs here: Adobe InDesign (uservoice.com)

But the big problem here is your workflow. Why isn't everyone on the same version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, I agree...everyone should be on same version. (it's a few freelancers that have had older versions for whatever reason). I'll report this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who's paying who here? If they worked for me, staying current would be a requirement. Using IDML in a collaborative workflow is a recipe for disaster. I would look at a major problem like this in a positive light.

It's an obvious issue as opposed to small things like text reflow or a small shift in object positions. All of this depends on the version of ID opening the IDML and from InDesign 2022 there are more than ten possible versions back to CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have filed this bug several times since it happened the first time with CC 2019. 

A quick solution is: Work complete with Object styles, special those on master / parent pages. Specify size and position. Go to tind and replace and find the object style and replace with the same. This corrects the object style. Save this querry.

I name in all documents all styles and layers with the very same according to their functionality. So it is possible to use the very same querries or scripts or many presets independent form their appearance in all documents. If you have to repair many those errors, you can bundle several queries. An example is installed with InDesgin. The query list can be filled with the querry xml files which are saved with each query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines