Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Illustrator file with transparency to pdf. Flattening PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4) failing.

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!
I've been looking for the forum already but can't really find the good thread... Sorry if it does exist somewhere.

I made a design into .ai with imported pictures. These pictures are photoshop .tif and their layers have a Color Density + transparency effect. I am now trying to make a pdf for the printer to print the work. Unfortunately, it seems he can't manage the transparency and I was trying to send a flattened pdf with Acrobat 4 / PDF 1.3 parameter but it didn't succeed.I also tried to change the parameters of the flattening action but ain't working (while in AI save as > PDF ... but also in Acrobat with a not flattened file : Prepress > Flattening Preview).
To quickly solve my issue (as it is an urgent matter), I'll export .tiff pictures of my .ai file and then will make a pdf out of it. I do find it a shame though and I'd love to know if there is a better solution out there as I'll probably run into that issue later for other works.
Does anyone as an idea ?
Thanks a lot already for your attention.

PS : I hope my message was understandable as English is not my native language.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021
If you place a PDF/AI use only PDF/X-4 or AI for import into InDesign. When you export, do it according to the standard the printer requires. Never import into InDesign any PDF/X-1a or X-3 or EPS.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021
Hi there, Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the responses shared earlier, I'd request you to check out the suggestions given by @rob day on this community thread. Hope it helps. Regards, Ashutosh

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the problem AI file and the placed images via your CC account or another sharing service?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you place a PDF/AI use only PDF/X-4 or AI for import into InDesign.

When you export, do it according to the standard the printer requires.

Never import into InDesign any PDF/X-1a or X-3 or EPS.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the responses shared earlier, I'd request you to check out the suggestions given by @rob day on this community thread. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines