• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image drops below anchored text when exporting to epub

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to add images to my ebook in InDesign. I was able to get it to work, but when I added a table of contents (it's gone now) all of the images would drop BELOW the anchored text, even though it is anchored to before the first letter of said anchored text. 

I'm trying to figure out what changed, but so far everything is the same except I added a table of contents. Am I doing something wrong? The image is above the textbox and is anchored to before the first letter within the textbox. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

It does, but then it puts a page break where I don't want them. 

I ended up going to an old version of the document and redoing it. It's working now. No idea what went wrong. I used Apple Books, Calibre, and my kindle to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Linnea5E63 Are you working on a fixed or reflowable epub export? If reflowable, check your Export Tags. If you can, show us your export screens like this:

JainLemos_0-1627491832991.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with reflowable epub export. 

When I go back to the original document and redo the formatting it works, so there's something off about the document itself. But here are the two export screens I've adjusted:

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 11.45.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-28 at 11.46.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm... yes, I've gone back and forth with this myself on anchored images for reflowable. Does it make any difference if you insert a page break before and after images? Also, what viewer are you using to look at your epub and what viewers will the reader be using? Since that can vary, I've had good results inspecting and sometimes adjusting epubs after export using calibre - E-book management (calibre-ebook.com)

JainLemos_0-1627495035440.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does, but then it puts a page break where I don't want them. 

I ended up going to an old version of the document and redoing it. It's working now. No idea what went wrong. I used Apple Books, Calibre, and my kindle to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So glad you were able to figure this out but too bad about having to redo everything. Probably hard to pinpoint what was going wrong on your end but I often hold my breath when exporting to epub, lol. Thanks for letting us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines