• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image Links breaking

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two users that use two sperate adobe accounts and when one opens a file that the other has put links to images that are on the server the links are missing and the path has changed from 

share\subfolder\file.file    working

macintosh HD\volume\share\subfolder\filefile   broken

If they update the links then this breaks the links for the other adobe account.

if they both use the same adobe CC account there is no issue.

Can anyone shed some light on why this is happing as I though the links should be set in the file and not effected by which creative cloud account is being used.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can think of is in the Creative Cloud App

Go to File>Preferences

And go to synching and ensure the paths are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is one user on mac and the other on Windows? Server volumes are utilized differently between the two platforms and you're going to continue to fight this. I might suggest, using Creative Cloud files to store the linked graphics instead of a server volume. I think that will work cross-platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't really explain how logging into CC resolves the issues. 

Strange one 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure it does. The path to the CC Files folder should be recognized on both platforms in the same way. Where server volumes are referenced differently (i.e. Z:/My Server vs. Macintosh HD: Volumes: My Server. I literally just tested it and it works like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response
Both users are on Macs no windows PC are used.
Strangely enough if I use the one computer and sign out of one CC account and into the other CC I get the issue on the exact same computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're going to use Creative Cloud files, you need to make sure that you share that folder with the other user so that you both have access to the same folder that presumably contains the linked images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If linked files are in a different folder than the InDesign file, it's easier for InDesign to lose the link. If the linked files are in the same folder as the InDesign file, InDesign will always be able to find them. So I recommend keeping all files in the same project folder.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines