• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Objects showing as grey boxes InDesign 17.4

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having an issue with images being dropped into InDesign showing as grey boxes. I have already check my Display Performance and it is set by default to Typical Display. I have quite InDesign, restarted my computer and re-dropped the image into the document with the same results. I know that this typically happens when Display Performance is set to Fast Display but that is not the case here. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

I haven't changed anything but today it started working properly. I'm not sure what the problem was but it seems to have resolved itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case it makes a difference, I am running the app on macOS Monterey Version 12.6.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this happens to all your images, it could be that you may need to restore your InDesign preferences and caches. Here's how:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Or, if in only one file, there could be file corruption. Save as IDML (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML] Then reopen the IDML file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @popcorn83:

Also note that Display Performance is located in three separate areas in InDesign. It's in Preferences, the View menu in the Object menu. Where exactly did you check?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't changed anything but today it started working properly. I'm not sure what the problem was but it seems to have resolved itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines