• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image repeating at chapter end

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- I have a number of images in my epub. They are all anchored and every image except for one work fine. 
The problem image repeats itself at the end of the chapter together with the text frame of that page. Any idea what can cause this issue?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it is not the image causing the problem. I have moved it to another page and it is working correctly there. Somehow it is the page that the epub treats as an image. It is a basic text frame, no empty graphics frame underneath. The text is searchable within the chapter, but then becomes an image at the end of the chapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have EPUB export set to create a cover by rasterizing the first page? That would produce an effect something like this, but the cover is usually the first (special) page in the document.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have uploaded a JPG of the cover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting to FXL (fixed) or reflowable? I've never seen reflowable create extra pages/page images except as a bug in doing a rasterized cover. FXL might be interpreting a page layout oddly, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reflowable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. Reflowable never creates graphic images of pages and content, other than related to the cover. Try exporting with "Cover: None" to see if that eliminates the extra page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just exported with cover set to none - but the problem page/image is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm out of ideas. Can you post the INDD file, or some subset/copy/mockup of it that still has the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I created an Indesign file just with that chapter containing the image/page and exported this to epub, the problem disappeared. Not sure what that means....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the "big fix" — export the document to IDML and re-open it. That often fixes problems and corrupted content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that - more than once. Doesn't fix it, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the file, I'm stumped. Not sure I have ever seen any equivalent problem except in the ways already checked off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end I created a new InDesign document which solved the problem. I wasted too much time trying to solve the issue. It must have been a corrupted file.
Many thanks for your help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries, that's what this community is for.

Keep the trick at hand, though. Many times a frustrating glitch like this is due to file corruption and the cleanup process will get rid of it. It's often easier to proof and touch up a 'cleaned' file than to keep battling a glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines