• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image scale shortcuts no longer working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I was working on a file yesterday prior to the latest update and had no issue with scaling my images with the Command + Shift shortcut, then for no reason whatsoever halfway through it stopped working. I did the update and it's still not working. 

I've had a look in the keyboard shortcut section and it doesn't have it populated. See Screenshot. (not sure if this is the right setting but all I could find) 

Has anyone got a fix for it? I use that shortcut ALL the time and not having it is seriously slowing down my production. 

Creating school posters with lots of images is now taking twice as long!!!Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 10.12.38 am.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean cmd-alt-. and cmd-alt-,? 

Screenshot 2021-04-23 at 09.42.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my scaling shortcuts are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a more detailed description and include screenshots or a screen recording to illustrate? 

Which shortcuts exactly are you referring to? Can you show them in the Keyboard Shortcuts Panel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about being able to drag a corner or midpoint of a selected object while holding down the Command and Shift keys? This only works when you've selected the object(s) using the regular selection tool (black arrow). When you select this way a bounding box similar to the one in Illustrator appears with white squares at the bounding corners and midway between the corners on all four sides. This bounding box will not appear if the object(s) is selected when the black arrow tool is not active. Dragging on one of the bounding box squares while holding down the Command key on a Mac or the Control key on a PC will allow you to enlarge (by pulling outward) or reduce the object (by pulling inward). Holding down the shift while dragging constrains the proportions of the object(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that seems to have stopped working. It's a shortcut I've used for years, so it's a little frustrating to have it completely stop working midway through a massive job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your InDesign preferences. Hopefully, setting your Indesign back to its defaults will restore this shortcut.

To do so:

For Macintosh Users: The User Library folder in which InDesign’s preferences are stored is hidden by default on most Macintoshes. To access it make sure that InDesign is closed and click on the desktop to launch a Finder Window (Command-N). With this window in column view follow the path User>Home folder (it’s the folder with an icon that looks like a house—it may have the user’s name rather than “Home”) and click on the Home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. “Library” will now appear within the Home folder. Within the Library folder find the folder called Preferences and within it find the folder called “Adobe InDesign” and the file called “com.adobe.InDesign.plist” and delete both that folder and that file. When InDesign is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

For Windows Users: You can try the quick way of resetting on a PC which is to hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching InDesign and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset. There have been some recent reports that the window asking if you want to reset is not popping up but that the prefs are being reset anyway. If this works great but if it doesn’t you may have to manually delete them.

To do so: On Windows 7 and above the preference files are hidden. To find them go to the Control Panel and open Folder Options and then click the View tab. Then select “Show hidden files and folders” or “Show hidden files, folders or drive options” in Advanced Settings. Then delete (or rename) the folder at the end of this path: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>. Make sure that InDesign is closed when you do this. When you relaunch the program it will create new preference files and the program will be at its default settings.

The advantage of manually deleting preference files is that after you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, you can create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill, so happy this has fixed my issue with the same problem! It was very fustrating without it. 

It case it helps anyone else, after I deleted the file, I had to restart my computer before the issue was resolved.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems from time to time, that key shortcuts, for example drag view (space bar), scale image box proportionally (shift+cmd+alt), stops working.

My remedy is to reboot my mac, and it usually starts woring again.

It's a problem that has been around for years, updates has not helped.

Usually it stops woring in both InDesign and Photoshop at the same time.

And it only affects Adobe applications. I have never experienced it in any non Adobe applications.

My gut feeling tells me it's something that can be fixed, without blaming other applications or plugins....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Putting new batteries in my Apple bluetooth keyboard helped me with this issue, seemed the issue was low battery power even though the keyboard otherwise worked fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines