Image scaling and view

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'll try to be as clear as possible.

1) I placed an image

2) The image was placed rspecting the size of the container and the view is perfect, no pixalation.

3) I scale the image at 100% using the control panel on top

4) the image, when viewing as actual view the entire file, is pixalated.

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 07.27.03.pngWhat I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing?

Thank you

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

You can set it up to flag the content you're looking for. It's up to you to review the content so that you're happy with it. Not everything has to pass your own Prepress Profile, you just need to review them and decide that you're happy with it and it will be fine.

It's a great way to ensure that you are warned about something that may cause an issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Here is a link to an example preflight profile that you can load into the Preflight panel. Modify as you see fit and as your job requires.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoUnkZfvAJFlqOVUDsTlf-_dv0NQrg?e=DxCpov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the scaling percentage when you select the image, not the container, using the Direct Select tool? What is the effective resolution in the Links panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have different images from different cameras but all of them exported as jpg at 240dpi. I'm also using iages from an iPhone 11. For all the images, if I set to 100% the image size I see it as in the image, with pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a solution. The ppi in the info panel. I'll work with above 300 and hope for the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

300 PPI is an erroneous workflow. For most 150 LPI printing you don't need 300 PPI.

And for digital it's a lot more forgiving. 

Your PPI in most cases can be 240 PPI. But always check with your print provider. 

Most blindly say 300 PPI though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll keep this in mind while assembling the book!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Eugeen! For traditional offset printing, I use 225 ppi for 150 lpi. 

Having too much ppi data can actually soften the image upon output, however, I usually remove excess ppi when creating the PDF.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote an article for this

https://creativepro.com/high-res-image-look-low-res/

Let us know if you have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great content!

The Preflight profile is a time saver.

How can I set up cprrectly?

I ask because if I set up for let's say 300 for color and BW there's still the 1 bit file that has another number.

Am I made myself clear.

By reading againf looks like alien stuff.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set it up to flag the content you're looking for. It's up to you to review the content so that you're happy with it. Not everything has to pass your own Prepress Profile, you just need to review them and decide that you're happy with it and it will be fine.

It's a great way to ensure that you are warned about something that may cause an issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to an example preflight profile that you can load into the Preflight panel. Modify as you see fit and as your job requires.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoUnkZfvAJFlqOVUDsTlf-_dv0NQrg?e=DxCpov

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for all the support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines