• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image scaling in frame changes when I paste into another document

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two InDesign documents. When I copy a frame with a placed PDF in it from one document to the other, the scaling of the PDF changes from 100% in the first document to 102.07% in the second document. This is an action that I repeat all of the time, so adjusting the percentage back to 100% each time wastes a lot of time. Could someone please help me troubleshoot this? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Hi @iant10122287:

Are the default Frame Fitting options different between the two files? Did you try making an object style in the second file that will control the frame size and the Content-Fitting size?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @iant10122287:

Are the default Frame Fitting options different between the two files? Did you try making an object style in the second file that will control the frame size and the Content-Fitting size?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Barb. I will have a look at this... it sounds like a very good possibility as I am moving files among 3 different documents that have varying object styles. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have been the solution. An object style that was not necessary was in the second file, and simply deleting it appears to have corrected this issue. Thank you for your prompt response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! I'm glad you are back on track. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines