• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images don’t show

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Indesign is not loading placed photos after packaging, it just show a gray box. The photos are in the linked files. There is no "?" on the gray box and there is no yellow triangle in the link files. Display in preference is on high quality as well as under object and under view. All are on  high quality. I have turned GPU on and off in preference. I have reinstalled the operating system (Monterey 12.2.1) have reinstalled Indesign several times. It works fine if I go back to CS6 which I have loaded on another computer. Any ideas, this is driving me nuts. Thanks!

[subject renamed for clarity — was "Hi, Indesin"]

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jill23446758me40 

What do you see for the location of an image when you select it and look in the Links panel?

If it looks okay there, try resetting Preferences. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it has the page correct for its location. If I go to the links file and reconnect it, it will then show up but when I resave it and go back the next day, it is back to the same gray box. It feels like it is stuck in Fast display. I have been through the preferences but will try what you suggest right now.

Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset all the preferences with command+option+control+shift, then opened the program. Problem still exists.

Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screen shot?

Usually the gray boxes indicate the Display Performance, but you said yours is set to high quality. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/incopy/using/controlling-graphics-display.html

You can set the quality in Preferences, which willl apply when you open a file. You can also set it in the View menu, which lasts as long as the file is open. You can also set it for individual images if they are selected first. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All three are set at High Quality. 

Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 10.31.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-01 at 10.31.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-06 at 12.15.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS and the exact version of InDesign? I seem to recall a nuimber of other similar posts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign is the latest, have reloaded it several times, 17.1 and OS  is Monterey, have reloaded this as well, ThanksScreen Shot 2022-03-06 at 2.04.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your prefs set to check for missing links on open? And are the  files on the Mac harddrive or external?

I have a feeling the links are somehow being reported as modified -- that seems to be a common broblem with auto-syncing to cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I have prefs set to check for missing links on opening. All my files are on my Mac not external. Attached is a screen shot of my pref on the file handing. Document Recovery data looks like it is set to version 17.0. I have never done anything here in past updates but could this be the problem? What do you recommend. Thanks, JillScreen Shot 2022-03-06 at 6.32.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The prefs look fine. You said this happens after packaging. Is that the only time it happens?

Do the links point to the folder in the package folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, It happens whenever I open a packaged folder. All my files appear this way. How do I know "Do the links point to the folder in the package folder?" When I went to the pencil on the links file I am now getting something new that I have to not gotten before. When I click on the chain, it does not take me directly to the link file in the folder, I have to hunt for the correct file. I can not remember if I have had to do this before or if it goes directly to the correct linked file. Thanks, JillScreen Shot 2022-03-07 at 9.50.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-07 at 9.52.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have never had this problem with my linked files. It started the end of February. Thanks, Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These same files open fine on a CS6 on an old operating system. Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that error message says it all. You have a permissions issue. Apparently the new Mac OS is very persnickity. One of thge Mac people may be able to help straighten thaat out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click in an item of the link panel with problems, what does the Link Info show?

Why do you use EPS? Avoid it, run away from it!
PNG is also problematic.

With the EPS: Is text used? What font types? T1? Are all fonts included in the EPS? What happens, when you put the EPS on the Distiller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to have nothing to do with the image formate or fonts. Here is a test folder, with no typing all four images are jpeg, none will load. This test folder was made on March 1st.The first screen shot is idml with the link folder open. The second screen shot is is indd, with the link folder open.  This flashes the actual photo for a second but then goes to black. None of my hundreds of old folders will open their images now irregardless of what format they are in. Thanks, Jill

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 4.03.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 3.49.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines