• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images not responsive to commands

Enthusiast ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't center images or float them to the left or right.

The first box in the Align section allows you to align an object to Selection, Margins, Page, or Spread. Regardless of which one I choose, I can't align an image to the left, right, or center. The images to respond to the vertical align tools, however.

Similiarly, if I want text to flow around an image, it doesn't really do the job. One sentence might flow around the image, but the next paragraph doesn't. Or the text appears behind the image.

All I want to do is resize some images so they're small, then float them to the left or right and make the text flow around them.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the align feature suddenty started working. However, if I align the image to the left, right, or center, I see the entire frame but just half the image. If I click on an option under Frame Fitting, the image reappears, but it moves back to where it was originally positioned.

So, after I align an image, how can make the entire image visible while keeping it locked in its position?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program did you use to create the original document? Was this a document meant for screen or print?

In some ways it sounds like you are dealing with anchored objects for your images in InDesign, and text wrap on anchored objects can be differnt from what you might expect.

Can you provide some screen shots with all frame edges and invisible characters showing so we can see what you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Geobop , Watch what you have selected, as well as what you are aligning to—you can directly select the image (white selection tool), or the image and its container frame (black selection tool)—each will give a different result.

The image selected with Align to Margins:

Screen Shot 20.png

Align Left:

Screen Shot 21.png

The image’s container frame selected:

Screen Shot 22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines