Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Failed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It seems like I cannot import anything anymore from Dropbox to InDesign. I can still import from my computer, or anywhere else, but from Dropbox it's only giving an Import Failed error. The weird thing it there's other people who are also using that Dropbox account, same folders, same files, and they are having any issues, but me! I can't import anything from Dropbox.

A day ago, I installed WordsFlow plugin, and I thought that might be the cause of the problem, and re-install the app, and reset everything (preferences etc.) nothing seems to be working.

InDesign 17.2.1 running on macOS Monterey 12.3.1

Anyone can help?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Some basic questions

• Did you check if the files you are trying to place have synced completely to your computer?
  • What happens when you drag the file from Dropbox folder onto another location and then try to place it?
  • Also are you able to open these files or not?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

In the dropbox settings is an option, where you save localy used files. All other files are saved remote if they were not used on that device to save space on the disk.

You have to oprtuniities to resolve the problem:

1. Click on each of the linked and missing files in the FInder. A grey cloud symbol shows that those files are only remote, but clicking on it it will after a while change to a green ok symbol. Then this file will be available locally.
  2. Turn of this option in the DropBox settings. Let

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some basic questions

• Did you check if the files you are trying to place have synced completely to your computer?
  • What happens when you drag the file from Dropbox folder onto another location and then try to place it?
  • Also are you able to open these files or not?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the dropbox settings is an option, where you save localy used files. All other files are saved remote if they were not used on that device to save space on the disk.

You have to oprtuniities to resolve the problem:

1. Click on each of the linked and missing files in the FInder. A grey cloud symbol shows that those files are only remote, but clicking on it it will after a while change to a green ok symbol. Then this file will be available locally.
  2. Turn of this option in the DropBox settings. Let DP synchronize all files and they will be available in InDesign,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you try?

is it the same situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cant have 2TB of files all offline. So I found a hack. 

Select all files in links panel which need updaing > Hamburger > Edit With > Preview. Then when they all open which downloades them CMD+Q to quit preview, then refresh. 

Not great, but best i've found. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines