• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import images failed

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using Indesign 2020 and I’m trying to import images from my mac, i've tried to drag the image from the desktop, File> Place and Command D, all of these don't work, it said import failed.

so i reinstalled the app from creative cloud, still doesn't work.

i also tried to create a new document or working on previous document, all these don't work either.

it worked well a week ago... 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

What format is the image? Are you sure it is the correct format. People often think changing the extension of a file will convert it to that format. You may be dealing wit h a file with either no extension or the wrong extension. Do you have this problem with all files? All files of a certain format? Or only specific files?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Thanks for replying! I've figured out the problem, it’s because the image format is not compatible with Indesign. i changed the format and it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so happy I came across this forum. I was having the same issues with InDesign. All of my fonts were missing, even when I tried to replace them. When I tried to relink my images, I received "import failed" whether I tried to link them through the links panel or place a new image in. The issue was Dropbox! If you are using the Dropbox desktop version, you have to right click your files and make them available offline. I don't have issues with fonts or images anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  having the same problem. All my images are JPG and I've always been able to drag and drop into my InDesign file, and now I can't do anything. All imports fail.

I'm running InDesign 18.1 and have restarted and am frustrated beyond belief. Is there a phone # we can call for help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try File > Place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a Mac and Mac OS Ventura 13.1 or higher - it's currently incompatible with dropbox. Anything in your cloud will not automatically sync to your desktop folder which causes InDesign to fail the import.

You have to open dropbox in your browser. Download the image files you need to your desktop. Move them into the correct folder (replace old versions - if they're there), and then it will allow you to upload to the image into the frame again. It's a giant pain in the behind.

Hopefully dropbox/apple fix it sooner rather than later or a lot of Mac users are going to leave dropbox for another cloud storage solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines