• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import PDF Comments slowing down InDesign speed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue when importing PDF comments that when there are comments in addition to replacing text and deleting, the speed of InDesign slows down. When I select resolve on a comment it takes a long time to accept. It also slows down the accepting of replace and delete comments. This is has been going on for some time. Only solution I seem to find is to go through and accept and delete Comments, and then go through and accept Replace and Delete comments. Any other solution or possible future fix?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Have a new company laptop and an increase in RAM, so it appears this may have solved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eddy5FAE ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Would you mind sharing a few more details like:

1. The version of InDesign & OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please try reproducing the issue and take a screenshot of the Task Manager/Activity Monitor capturing InDesign Process.
  4. Where are the files saved, locally or on any network drive or shared folder?

We're here to help, just need more details.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. InDesign version is 18.2.1, OS is Windows 10 Enterprise, version 20H2
  2. Multiple files
  3. Eddy5FAE_0-1681149385618.png

4. Network drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I provided the additional details. Anything in regards to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issues (lags and slowdowns) for a while and just discovered it was Comments related. (Things got back to normal after deleting all of the comments). I came here to Adobe to do some research and see that you've gotten no response since April. Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem when i import PDF comments in Indesign 2024 19.0.1 on mac 3,8 Ghz Intelcore i7 Ventura.

My inDesign document is 180 pages with 1750 comments.

I dont know why it's so slowly ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been experiencing this issue for quite some time. When importing PDF comments, I have noticed that the speed of InDesign really slows down especially when I get to the point of my document where there is a Sticky Note comment. It takes a really long time to "resolve" the comment. Also, even after I "resolve" the comment, there is a lag in InDesign when I am going through the rest of the PDF comments. The only way to reduce the lag is to delete the Sticky Note comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a new company laptop and an increase in RAM, so it appears this may have solved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines