Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing images to InDesign changes the colour of my text

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community, 

When I upload an image to my indesign file, all of the colors of the existing text in the indesign page gets more dull. If you take a look at the screenshots I uploaded, you'll notice the neon green in the "26" is way more neon before I add the image in the second screenshot. Why does this happen?Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 12.31.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-10 at 12.32.06 PM.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's due to your image having transparency, and the transparency then has to be parsed through a transparency colour space. 

https://www.printingforless.com/Choosing-a-Transparency-Blend-Space.html

It's likely that your transparency blend space is CMYK - and your image is now forcing the spread into this view. 

The Neon Green probably is out of gamut for print - so the adjustment in the colour of the text shows a more realistic view of the CMYK. 

You should really check with your print provider if that Green can be reproduced in print using CMYK - if not you'll probably want to consider a different colour - or failing that you'll need to use the 5th colour and have a spot colour -but that's more expensive.

Either way - I'd be concerned over the colour of the neon-green text anyway - it probably can't be reproduced in print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The green is not printable. Set your Transparency Blend Space to RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that did the job! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines