• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing manuscripts into ID CC

Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been away from ID for a while, but i need to continue now, and have many manuscripts that need to be converted and formatted in ID.
Problem is, what i used to do isn't working anymore.

I have files converted/compiled from Scrivener into various formats. I've tried them all. RTF, Doc, Docx, etc. Instructions say to create the ID file, with all the settings, etc, and then PLACE, do SHIFT+click into the first page. Not only does it not autoflow and create pages, it doesn't paste the text AT ALL.

Nothing happens.

Has something changed with ID?

(please, don't tell me to use Word or create books in ID, I use Scrivener. I also have 60 books, and they are already created, so I need a solution that addresses what I'm actually dealing with. Thanks in advance for any help).

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's still the correct procedure.

Do you see the loaded cursor after choosing your text file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Cursor loaded. I've typeset books before, many times, I'm just rusty. But those instructions were straightforward, and it just doesn't paste in the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try trashing the prefs: Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

What version of InDesign, OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines