• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to add "Space before paragraph" at beginning of text frame?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it correct that I cannot add "Space before paragraph" on the first paragraph of a text frame? 

Whatever I add does not respond. 

What would be my best options, since I know it is advised not to use the same invisible character twice! 

This is in the context of a book, so the frame is starting at the top of the page.

Thank you

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Space before is ignored at the top of the frame.

One possible workaround that does not involve adding extra invisible characters is to add a Paragragp Rule Above.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Space before is ignored at the top of the frame.

One possible workaround that does not involve adding extra invisible characters is to add a Paragragp Rule Above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, hit post before I was done.

Adjust the offset to pushit above the text and click the box to keep in text frame and it will push the text down.

There are a number of ways to make it invisible. One is to color it None or Paper. Another is to adjust the left or right offset to the column width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All that — best approach if you want plain space above, and best coupled with a page break.

You can also use Paragraph Border and Paragraph Shading if you want to style the space as well, for distinctive chapter headings, for example.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines