Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In design 2023 / 18.1 damage all files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

From December I habe been have huge problems with In Design. I lost few months of work. 

Back ups even couldn't help me because program think that other users have open file. But it is not possible. 

I can't regain big files. When I rebuilt it I can't export PDF, when I saved and close program and open it in another day it demages all spreds and don't see links. Today I had the same problem bacause unfortunatelly when my laptop discharge In design didn't regain files but Phostohop, Illustartor did. The funnest is that I saved this files few minutes before discharge. New version of In design demages saved projects which are worth thousands dollars!!! 

It heve been never happened in last years. Nobody return my hours and money for rebuilt saved projects! 

Please solve problems with this version or help me with any update. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Sorry, I didn'd match dots.... 

It was this! Monterey and Ventura switch on the protection and when I opened Full Disk Acces I hadn't listed aplications. So I added and now it works. Thank You so much! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest uninstalling InDesign using the CC cleaner tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems then reinstall. Do not attempt to migrate settings or preferences from a previous version.

If the program thinks the file is open it indicates there is a .idlk file in the same folder which must be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thank You for quick feedback. I will keep this link as a precaution.

Brad @ Roaring Mouse sent me a solution and found the reason of problem. 

Now I can admit that was Apple issue. That is weird because problem looked like an Adobe issue. 

Anyway thank You for interesting my case. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jakub22422225o76w ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm if you received a notification for automatic recovery on restarting InDesign after your laptop discharged? You can try recovering the document by following the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-document-recovery.html

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

Firstly I'll answear for first question: 

I didn't received a notification for automatic revovery. It asked me that I want to regain files. When I checked YES programm met a problem. After that I got a notifictaion that somebody is using a file.  

Secondly I will give You more information after checking the link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank You for quick feedback. I will keep this link as a precaution.

Brad @ Roaring Mouse sent me a solution and found the reason of problem. 

Now I can admit that was Apple issue. That is weird because problem looked like an Adobe issue. 

Anyway thank You for interesting my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your System? Mac/PC? version?

Where are your files located: locally on your computer? External Drive? Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac, desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ask again, what's your system version? and where do you save your files?

The reason I ask, is that there is an issue with Monterey/Ventura that the extra security added when installing those systems reset access permissions for some apps, including Adobe's. If you check under System Prferences > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access, your Adobe apps should be listed and checked. If not, do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn'd match dots.... 

It was this! Monterey and Ventura switch on the protection and when I opened Full Disk Acces I hadn't listed aplications. So I added and now it works. Thank You so much! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked out. There have been many reports of issues related to this "Mac OS permission reset", as it tends to happen silently without any notification to the user. And not just to Adobe apps... e.g. my backup software gets hit by it every time there's an update. It's an Apple issue, not Adobe's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I can admit that is Apple issue. Thank You for help and explanation. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you save your files (INDD and linkesed assets)? Locally or on some kine of cloud space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines