• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Design crashes every time

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Indesign keeps crashing. I am runnig MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) in osx big Sur 11.5.2 .

Every time I open it and attemp to do anything, ytej spin wheel comes up and then i am forced to force quit.

I have tried multiple times restarting, deleteing and re-installing indesign iomcluding deleting of library items. But it still persist. Any help woudl be great - as I cannot do any work on Indesign at the moment.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

If you have the correct system specs and resetting the preferences hasn't sorted out the issue, use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to uninstall InDesign and then reinstall it: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Derek,

I have 170GB available of my 500GB HD, and I am running 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3.
I have been using all my adobe suite on this Mac for the last 4 years without issue.

The issue is with In Design - why would resetting your Photoshop preferences impact Indesign?

I will try now to use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to uninstall InDesign and then reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Kevin, I meant reset InDesign preferences - too early in the morning (in the UK)!

Do you know how?

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries Derek. I apprecite your tips.

I have used Adobe Cleaner Tool to uninstall InDesign and then reinstall it. This did not fix the issue.

I then tried to reset preferences for Indesign. I held Shift+Option+Command+Control whilst it loaded a few times. It just opens up normally - bit sure if that means the preferences have been reset?

Anyways It still crashes on me,. It loads, but as soon as I try to do anything it then spins and dies.

Any other ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you reset the InDesign preferences did you see the question - words to the effect resetting the preferences, to which you have to answer, yes ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I've tried it a few times, it just loads as normal. do you know if there is another way to rest the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue box appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

If you don't see the question, do it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek. I eventually was able to get that opo up and rest prefs today. thanks for your help.

Unfort I still have the exact same issues stil. ahh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unticking use GPU in InDesign under GPU performance in preferences. 
It might also be worth getting your graphics card checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope the InDesign update to version 16.4 (due shortly) sorts out your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hopefully. I have even downloaded v15.1.3 to see if that helps. Same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybee the latest update of InDesign 16.4 could help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to all the helpful suggestions given here earlier, I'd request you to follow troubleshooting steps suggested on this community post.

If it does not help, please share your crash logs by following instructions given on this help article. We'll be happy to take a look and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines