• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Design Server - Unable to retrieve my document to edit it.

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used InDesign Publish Online to publish a document. It exists online. However, I need to edit it and I'm getting a No documents exist message. So I created a new document and published it for future use, but most people (hundreds) have the link to the old document and it's badly in need of updating.

Please help. 

TOPICS
Publish online , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you publish online, choose update exiting document and choose the document that you wannt to update.

Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 10.20.36 AM.png

to check out your published documents and thier names to update, go to File> Publish online dashboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just it. The file no longer exists in my Publishing Dashboard. It's just gone!

Mobile send.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, you need the original InDesign document if you want to revise it (.INDD), if you've deleted it you'll have to recreate it again in InDesign, you can't directly edit a Publish Online document which is in HTML5 and hosted on the Adobe servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To update a Publish Online document you update the original InDesign document and upload it again to Publish Online overwriting the original document.

The original URL is then still used. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did update the original document and republished it online. However the original URL was NOT re-used.
I am given a new URL because the Publishing Dashboard system seems to have lost my original document.
Now, the old url that has been distributed to hundreds of people and the document remains the old version.

I have to start all over with the new versions. I am still unable to access the original version - it appears the Adobe servers have lost the file from my Publishing Dashboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines