Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Design Slow

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I regularly have a problem with InDesign slowing down when I open files that come from outside.
Let me explain: for example if I open an A4 poster that comes from outside, InDesign takes several seconds each time I click on an element. But if I create a new document and copy/paste elements into the new document, I no longer have this problem and InDesign works fine.
So I have to do this manipulation every time.
Any ideas ?
Thanks very much

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was meinst du mit "files that come from outside"? Von andere Kunden/Kollegen? Oder von extern verbundenen Platten?

Sind diese Dokumente dann lokal gespeichert? Oder werden sie von einem externen Medium aus geöffnet? Oder sind sie in der Cloud?

Sind Schriften aktiv oder müssen zuerst ersetzt werden? Verknüpfungen alle korrekt platziert oder müssen diese zuerst neu verknüpft werden?

Vielleicht hilft es mal als erstes die Datei als .idml zu speichern und dann darauf zu arbeiten?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it usually comes from an agency. I receive a zip file which I unzip.

I have the idml file, the indd file and the fonts and link folders.

I never thought to open the idml file because before I didn't have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested.I saved the file in idml but I have the same problem when I open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think i have find the solution in a topic.

When i delete the folder "Fonts" it works. Because the fonts are soon on my PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines