• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In indesign, can character style define only ONE property only?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I was wondering if character style can be used to add a 1 px stroke to texts without defining their typeface and color, etc.

Say I have text A in font A and text B in font B. I want to apply a 1px stroke to both of them. Can I set up the character style in a way that when I apply the style, Indesign adds the stroke without changing the A and B's typeface?

(Kinda new to InDesign). Thanks!!

Liu

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Yes this is exactly what the character styles are for. You can set whatever property change that is to be made using the character style. It can be one or multiple changes and then when you apply this character style to a text it will change these property values.

So if your character style has a stroke color set then it will change the stroke color of both text A and text B irrecpective of their original stroke color setting.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes this is exactly what the character styles are for. You can set whatever property change that is to be made using the character style. It can be one or multiple changes and then when you apply this character style to a text it will change these property values.

So if your character style has a stroke color set then it will change the stroke color of both text A and text B irrecpective of their original stroke color setting.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines