• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy Text Linked to InDesign File Doesn't Display in Layout

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our designer created a magazine layout, linked the design to the text to make it possible for me to "check out" and edit. When I open the file, I see all kinds of alert icons. Strangely, the layout shows me text in columns that have not been linked but is blank in stories that have been linked. I deleted all fonts and reinstalled them and relaunched Creative Cloud Suite. It didn't work. My editor colleague down the hall is able to open this file, see the text, check it out to edit and check it back in. I cannot. 

story blank.pnglayout blank.png

TOPICS
InCopy workflow , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screenshot of the layout without all of the frames hidden, please? Also, a screenshot of the assignments panel, fully open, might be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, a screenshot of the assignments panel, fully open, might be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking she has access to the location of the stories and you do not? Please follow Bob's advice and post a screen shot of the Assignments panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On what kind of server do you save shared files? Are they available offline?

BTW: You should ALWAYS work with paragraph style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines