• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect Type 1 error message... what to do?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign Version 17.0.1

Tells me I have 19 Type 1 fonts in my document but when I tell it to show me the font on the server that it is refferencing it is in fact an open type font. All 19 of them are in fact referencing newly purchased open type fonts. Howerver Adobe Indesign thinks they are Type 1 fonts. So am I stuck with this message every time I open a document even if the document doesn't use any Type 1 fonts?

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 11.30.00 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Hi Rob,

it's very likely that the App Message shows the incorrect count for Type 1 Fonts, because you used 19 Type 1 font styles in the past, but you do not use it anymore. Or that there are paragraph styles and character styles currently not applied to text, that still need the Type 1 font styles.

I've seen documents where this info, Type 1 font styles used in the past, is not updated in the code of the document.

Let's hope that the next update for InDesign 2022 will fix this bug.

Regards,
U

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

it's very likely that the App Message shows the incorrect count for Type 1 Fonts, because you used 19 Type 1 font styles in the past, but you do not use it anymore. Or that there are paragraph styles and character styles currently not applied to text, that still need the Type 1 font styles.

I've seen documents where this info, Type 1 font styles used in the past, is not updated in the code of the document.

Let's hope that the next update for InDesign 2022 will fix this bug.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a documnent that we've used for at least five years or more so this sounds like a good hypothesis to me! Think of all the work this creates if you have to update fonts in all the style settings for every document in your library. I can feel the pain of kids graduating design schools in 2023 as their first jobs are going to be updating fonts and style sheets their first year on the job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. There are styles in the document that still denote the Type 1 version of the font. Soooo much work ahead. Lots of busy work for entry level designers ahead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Rob Fabiano, KVH,

Sorry about that. The product team is aware of this issue, and they are working on a fix. I would request you to please stay patient and stay tuned for updates.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines