Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InD 18.1 Entry Point GetInitialDirectory error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi --

I just updated my InD to 18.1 and now it won't open. The loading screen pops up for a few seconds, then I get this error. Other times I try to open it and nothing happens at all. Doesn't matter whether I'm opening it from the application or an InD document.Adobe error.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Hi @juliel9633529,

This seems to be an Adobe issue as the crash happens in a 3rd party plugin. On searching a bit I see that this has been reported as a bug in the prerelease forum and is being worked upon by Adobe as per the latest update. This seems to be a problem with 18.1 version so reverting back to 18.0 should fix this. Will update this thread when I get to know anything on this, you can monitor the prerelease forum for first hand updates.

P.S.:- The prelease bug ID is ID-4236151

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Ahhh, thanks for explaining that it's a third-party plugin issue. I use WordsFlow w/InD. Found that they released an update to resolve the issue, and now 18.1 is working just fine on my machine. Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention -- I uninstalled it and reinstalled it once already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @juliel9633529,

This seems to be an Adobe issue as the crash happens in a 3rd party plugin. On searching a bit I see that this has been reported as a bug in the prerelease forum and is being worked upon by Adobe as per the latest update. This seems to be a problem with 18.1 version so reverting back to 18.0 should fix this. Will update this thread when I get to know anything on this, you can monitor the prerelease forum for first hand updates.

P.S.:- The prelease bug ID is ID-4236151

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh, thanks for explaining that it's a third-party plugin issue. I use WordsFlow w/InD. Found that they released an update to resolve the issue, and now 18.1 is working just fine on my machine. Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines