Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ind v18 Issues - No Lock Files & Read Only documents

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Our company works off of a network for our files and with the recent update to v18 we have found that

- files are opening as read only, we are unable to save over existing files from IND itself (have to do a 3 step work around)

- there are no lock files being generated 

This is a major issue as now multiple people can have a file open doing edits, potentially overriding other edits.

Any plans on addressing these issues immediately?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @melissa.sones,

Something similiar to your issue was reported and discussed in the thread mentioned below

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/idlk-files-getting-deleted/td-p/13227486

I sugest you contact @Rishabh_Tiwari and provide him some details of your issue, this might help Adobe to invesigate this issue properly.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, I will give that to our tech department to see if anything is relevant with the security side of it.

Rolling back to 17.4 seems to have fixes these issues for now.

@Rishabh_Tiwari  tagging you for this new issue in v18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @melissa.sones ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. As mentioned by @Manan Joshi  there is one more report of a similar issue, so we're trying to identify the cause, could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of Operating System.
  2. Is this happening with multiple users?
  3. I suspect the Network security or Antivirus is deleting or putting the file under quarantine. Could you please check with your IT Team and whitelist them?
  4. In addition to this, for testing purposes, is it possible for you to turn off the sync for Network Share temporarily and see if the .idlk files are still getting deleted after opening the file? 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are seeing the same issue when using an afp (Acronis) connection with the Windows server. When we revert to using the smb connection, we don't see the locking/read only issue. I'm still using Monteray OS, it's happening to all of our InDesign users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@melissa.sones said: "Rolling back to 17.4 seems to have fixes these issues for now."

Hi Melissa,

InDesign 2023 version 18.0 is brand new.

I would never switch from 2022 to 2023 without any bug fixing taking place on the new version.

I'd wait for 18.1 or 18.2. Take evaluation steps on a decicated machine that runs InDesign 2023 just for testing purposes.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines