Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Indent a table

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want an inline table to indent from the left (in a textframe) with a left tab at position 3 mm.

It seems the only way to do that is with a left indent of 3 mm. 

Strange? Or am I missing something...

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Nothing strange. That's the way tables are working.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can be done with the Inset Space settings of the Text Frame, or the indent settings of the paragrah (style) in which the table is placed. How else would you expect it to work?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I expected it to work like inline images: in the paragraph style there are tab-settings every 3, 6, 9 mm.
When I want an image to indent from the left I use a tab to indent it 3 mm from the left.
With an inline table this doesn't work. This means I have to make a new paragraph syle with an indent of 3 mm.

Irritating because I want my number of styles to be as least as possible...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines