• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 16.0 update not recognized by File Explorer

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I have an issue with my Indesign 16.0 not being recognized as a program. The thumbnails are also showing up blank in my File Explorer on a Windows 10. 

After I updated to Indesign 16.0, I uninstalled the previous version. Before uninstalling, the marroon InDesign logo was there, but after, my old files would not open automatically to 16.0. I can open them through Indesign just fine, but when I try to click on them in file explorer, they do not recognize InDesign 16.0 as its native program. Even if I save a completely new file in 16.0, the same blank thumbnail shows up.

Any ideas on this? I can still work on my files, but opening them takes longer and somehow Windows doesn't recognize the newest InDesign. Also, may be worth noting that when I had both the new and old version, all my files would open up in the old version, even if I had the new version open. 

I've attached a screenshot of my File Explorer display. 

Thanks for your help,

Fletcher

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

Fletcher here. I reinstalled Version 15.1.2 and the program thumbnails showed back up. This must be a bug that needs to be sorted for the 16.0 version.

I would still like to hear what everyone thinks of this though. Thanks.

Fletcher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Fletch,

sounds more like a Windows problem than InDesign, although I've read about that issue a couple of times now.
Try setting your default app for .indd files.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-change-file-associations-in-windows-2624477

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines