Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 16.1 Crashing Upon Export to PDF [Urgent]

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have some users which aren't able to Export multiple files from InDesign to Adobe PDF, however the files appear to get stuck at 34% - The files originated on the network, however we have tried opening it from the Desktop instead which has the same outcome.

The files range from 5MB+, I noticed smaller files the user has tried work fine exporting. I have uninstalled Adobe Cloud and all applications, removed preferences and have reinstalled Adobe Creative Cloud and still having the same issues. We have checked over the support links I have read from other users but so far they haven't made much difference. I've requested this as urgent due to our users have important work which needs to be issued out.

Exporting has also crashed the application multiple times when trying to merge multiple PDF's - one of the files which isn't exporting is also included within this merge. The document doesn't appear to be corrupted but I can't be 100% sure. It was able to be copied, opened, closed, edited, saved and Adobe states no errors found.

Users are Windows 10 and had no issues before yesterday. Please let me know of anything further you require. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Hi defaultk3n7dfp8i1p9,

did you resolve the issue with PDF export?

If not you could try to suppress the background process and export in "foreground".

One way of doing this:

Create a new InDesign book file.

Load the document to the book file.

Export to PDF from the book file.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi defaultk3n7dfp8i1p9,

did you resolve the issue with PDF export?

If not you could try to suppress the background process and export in "foreground".

One way of doing this:

Create a new InDesign book file.

Load the document to the book file.

Export to PDF from the book file.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines