Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 16.1 on Imac 2020 WYSIWYG is not the case

Contributor ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am running Indesign 16.1 on a recently bought Imac Retina 5K, 27 inch, 2020, 3,3 ghz 6 core intel i5 8 gb 2667 Mhz DDr4.

Every time i have a document sometimes the text on the page is not what it should display. Adding a enter to a  paragraph on a previous page forces Indesign to reflow (redraw the screen) and the right text is displayed. But i never know if its okay or not. This is very annoying because when i check the document i sometimes find that i have to check each page to see if text make sense. I also notice Indesign is very slow. I get the spinning wheel a lot. Any ideas?thanx in advance!

Peter

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off GPU performance. Does that fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that. Will see if it helps. Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's best to use Paragraph Styles and add space after in the Style, rather than returns.

Increasing the RAM may help with the spinning wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I always use added space in paragraph styles. And i just bought this mac. Now in corona time hard to get ram upgraded. Thanx for answering!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines